Sampler: English Rose on Felted Wool and Silk
Sampler – English Rose on felted wool and silk – page 75. A Beautiful new kit for the new book: The Art of Felting and Silk Ribbon Embroidery
Learn how to make gorgeous three-dimensional roses on a rich and textured hand-felted background.
The background is handmade from African wool and mohair and rich silk fibres have been added for lustrous effects.
Learn all the secrets of how to make a successful masterpiece using silk ribbon embroidery and stumpwork techniques.
Click on image to enlarge
An ideal kit for those who would love to create a three-dimensional nature scene with silk ribbon, thread, wool and other interesting fibres. A piece which is sure to become a treasured family heirloom! Turn it into a cushion, use it as a cover for an album or memory box… or frame it to use as an interesting piece of art on your wall.
This kit will teach you how to create life-like roses and stems, how to make beautiful leaves and sepals and a host of other tips and tricks — ideal for all those rose-lovers out there!
Size of completed design: 25 x 34 cm (10 x 13.4 inches)
*** Do you have the book? You will need to follow the instructions on page 75 of the felting book. Read more about it here.
Please note: the felt is made by Dana Biddle and her team and they live very far away from our studio. So if we run out of the felt and they have to make it for you, it may take 3 or 4 weeks for your kit to be packaged and sent to you via our very reliable international courier.
The kit includes
1) Handmade (each piece is unique) felted background in rich shades of elegant green: 25 x 34 cm (10 x 13.4 inches)
2) Green or white backing fabric 47 x 47 cm (18.5 x 18.5 inches)
3) Felted silk for the stumpwork leaves
4) 5 skeins of Rajmahal Art. Silk and Maxi Mouline cotton thread
5) 2 x coloured bamboo yarn
6) 2 cards of metallic thread – gold and silver
7) Woolly fibre to form the shadows
8) Glass Bugle beads
9) 10 packets of Di van Niekerk’s hand-painted pure silk ribbons as follows: 1 x 7mm silk ribbon, 5 x 32mm silk ribbon, 4 x 13mm silk ribbon
10) Five different kinds of needles
11) Colour picture of the completed piece to guide you as you work
translation missing: en.general.search.loading