Please note: we must discontinue this book and if you don't have a copy or would like to buy the book for a special friend, then now is the time to do so! It's on special for a short time only. Cicely Mary Barker’s beloved Flower Fairies™, first published in 1923, are an enduring vision of elegance and beauty. Her exquisitely delicate and intricate colour illustrations have captivated both children and adults alike for more than 85 years.
Now, for the first time, five
of her beautiful fairies are introduced, not only to ribbon embroidery and stumpwork fans but also to needlecrafters who enjoy creative, three-dimensional embroidery. Designed to appeal to beginners and advanced embroiderers, this book is an indispensable and practical guide for anyone wanting to create these much-loved artworks.
Accompanied by easy-to-follow, close-up photography and step-by-step instructions, you will learn how to:
- embroider the exquisite flowers and leaves in silk and organza ribbon
- make the delicate stumpwork wings in organza and silky threads
- use organza and silk ribbon to make appliqué leaves and petals
- make charming stumpwork insects
- dress the Fairies in layers of organza
- embroider the Fairy’s hair
- embroider the Fairy’s clothing in Long and Short stitch – the easy way
- make three-dimensional designs using colour, texture and shapes.
You could also use the ideas in this book for other needlecraft projects: choose elements from the Fairies to use in your own creation. The five Flower Fairies™ taught in this book are the:
BLACK MEDICK FAIRIES
WHITE CLOVER FAIRY
STORK'S BILL FAIRY
RED CLOVER FAIRY
♥ With numerous new ideas and techniques, this book is a perfect companion for Fairy lovers, ribbon embroiderers, and stumpwork fans!